Athens Canine Rescue’s Education Outreach program includes:
- visits to classrooms (elementary, middle, high school, college)
- teaching how to safely meet a dog
- teaching canine health/care
- teaching how to help homeless dogs and overpopulation of dogs
- teaching how to start a rescue and the daily operation of a rescue
- willingness to work with teacher to develop a lesson that is linked to the standards
- bringing a therapy reading dog
- all presentations include a canine visitor unless requested otherwise
- available to give presentations at career/science day
- visits to children’s birthday parties for education
- visits to retirement homes for presentations or canine therapy
Athens Area Rescue Foundation (AARF):
AARF is made up of local rescue organizations joining together to help educate, advocate and communicate about companion pet health and overpopulation. Currently AARF is comprised of Athens Canine Rescue, Pawtropolis (Helping Paws Rescue) and The Athens Clarke County Animal Control.
Below are some events that AARF is currently organizing:
- Mobile Spay/Neuter clinic: We have arranged for the Atlanta Humane Society’s Mobile spay/neuter clinic to come up. We had them on 12.7 and 12.8 and accomplished a total of 45 surgeries, 1 year rabies vaccination and microchip! We have confirmed clinic dates for 3.14 and 3.15 and 6.13 and 6.14.
- Adoptapoolza: A mega adoption day in Athens with other local rescue organizations! Stay tuned for more information about an upcoming Adoptapoolza.
If interested in Athens Canine Rescue coming out to your school for an outreach presentation or becoming a member of AARF, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.